Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 186 - Synarchy Book One: The Awakening

Synarchy Book One: The Awakening
DCS

Series or Stand Alone: Synarchy Series, book one

Synopsis [from amazon.com]:

A plan is exposed, centuries in the making and so sinister not even the legend himself could have predicted the depth of its impact on the world. In his lifetime Stefano Terenzio had a merciless ambition for absolute power. Two generations later the shock wave he ignited was still being felt. Now, as the world inches closer to 2012 sides are chosen, families divide and an epic battle begins that will determine whether mankind continues existing in a world of lies or shatters the chains that have held us prisoner since his-story was written. "I will die to see my will done, and it will be done." Shocking yet hopeful, Synarchy slowly unravels the tightly laced reality we have created for ourselves. Blending the metaphysical with conspiracy, fact with fiction, debut author DCS has opened up a world that will force you to rethink everything you believe about your own. The knowledge within provokes the question: do you really want to know?

Review:

It’s hard for me to put The Awakening into words for you to understand how much I really enjoyed it. But let me try…

In the beginning, I was thrust into a world I knew nothing about. But as I turned each page I found myself surrounded by heavy emotions: family loyalty, trust, honor, betrayal, vengeance, love, lust. Twists and turns were intricately woven into the novel that had me wanting more. The plot was never really simple; I did have to re-read the entire beginning to get a better sense of the characters. But the complexity of this story became crystal clear as I read the last word and closed the book.

Set in the very near future (2011), the Terenzios are one of the most powerful families in the world. They are also among the very few who will stand up to who’s in charge. It is the Terenzios who are up to the challenge of taking on the Brotherhood - thirteen bloodlines who have been in control since the dawn on man. A battle has begun by an unforgettable character named Stefano Vasco Terenzio, who's mark is still being felt generations later.

The characters and the plot itself are so delicately intertwined that I quickly found myself mesmerized by the story until I just had to finish it. I'd say this is definitely a book you need to take the time to read. No quick skimming through aloud, otherwise you'll lose the importance of every action by these well-thought out characters. And this is definitely a book where every action seems to matter!

I'm eagerly awaiting book two and the next segment into this exciting world that closely mirrors our own. The story made me question so many different things that I have come to accept about the world, including the government and reality in general. I highly recommend you (YES YOU!) pick up this book because it has so many different aspects weaved into one fantastic story! Mystery, a little romance, conspiracies, huge amounts of emotion, and a whole lot of drama for everyone.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This series sounds very intriguing! I loved your review too! Enough to make me want to pick up this book.

Jess said...

I have read Synarchy, and strongly agree with Mishel--this book is a must-read! Don't waste your time with any other books first, go to amazon.com and order Synarchy, Book 1--and ask yourself, do you really want to know?

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Lily - Thank you! I hope you get the chance to read it.

Jessica - Awesome! I'm so glad you liked it too =)

DCS said...

I don't think anything makes a writer happier then when you read a review, and realize what you were trying to convey through your writing has indeed gotten through. Mission successful! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed the book Mishel, and really thanks again for giving me the opportunity to put my book out there!

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Crystal - Thank you for commenting! I'm so glad you enjoyed my review, I had a blast with the entire story you have created and I really can't wait for the continuing books. Mission very well successful =)

Kate said...

This sounds like an amazing series. What initally drew me in was the cover. I love it :)

Thanks for another fantastic review!

DCS said...

I did the cover myself, I was so proud! :) So thanks Kate, I'm glad it's eye catching!

Sara said...

I absolutely loved this book - I couldn't put it down, and I was at the last page before I even knew it. I can't wait for the next one!

Karielle Stephanie said...

I really want to read this book...all the reviews are great, and the blurb is so interesting. Thanks for your review!

Stephanie :)
thestephanieloves@gmail.com
http://thestephanieloves.blogspot.com

Vivien said...

I would love to read this book. The cover is awesome.

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin