Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Day 179 - Waiting on Wednesday [15]




A scandal that shocks a nation…and a passion that transforms a woman.

At the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair, the modern, the exotic, and the ground-breaking collide. But Dora Chambers has more pressing matters to consider. Hoping to begin a life of wealth and privilege in Chicago, she sets out to earn the approval of the Fair’s Board of Lady Managers to appease her ambitious, aloof husband. Unimpressed, they give Dora the distasteful task of enforcing proper conduct at the Egyptian belly dancing exhibition.

But Dora’s sensibilities are not so easily flustered. She finds herself captivated by these exotic women, and by their enigmatic manager, Hossam Farouk, who makes his mistrust of her known—although his lingering glances hint at something else.

As Dora’s eyes are opened to the world beyond a life of social expectations and quiet servitude, she finds the courage to break free of her self-imposed bondage, and discovers the truth about the desire and passion in her own heart.

----------

Reason: I really love the sound of this book. I've never read anything about the Chicago World's Fair so I think that would be an interesting time period. && Belly dancing...oh the fun possibilites =)

Cover Discussion: I do like the cover and the softness of the colors that were chosen for the woman's costume. It definitely drew me in to read the blurb.

The Belly Dancer will be released July 7th!



What are you waiting on this week?
To see more books that are being waited for click here.

7 comments:

Jacqueline C. said...

Well if the description hadn't caught my attention, the cover surely would. Good one. Here's what I'm waiting on.

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

Sounds like a good book and the cover is beautiful!!

DeAnna Cameron said...

Hi, Mishel --
What a great blog! I'm the author of THE BELLY DANCER and you made my day with this post :-) If you're into belly dancing (or just curious), I'll be holding weekly contests for some cool belly dance-themed stuff at my Web site starting next week in the countdown to the July 7 publication date. I'll be posting more soon at www.deannacameron.com.
Thanks again!
DeAnna Cameron

Kate said...

This sounds like such a great read! Thanks for another amazing post :)

Unknown said...

I love the cover design. That alone would make me want to read the book. I'm not sure about the historical background but still the belly dancing part does sound interesting.

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Thanks everyone for posting. I'm so glad you guys like what I'm waiting on this week. I really love the cover too =)

&& Thanks Deanna for visiting my blog. I was totally excited when I saw the comment you left. I'll definitely be checking out your website =)

Darlene said...

I've never heard of this book but it sure does sound good.

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin