Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 100 - Book Arrivals 4.0

Welcome to Book Arrivals 4.0! I don't get many books on a weekly basis so I don't do "In My Mailbox" or memes like that. I usually just wait till I get a bunch then post it on here. The past two weeks I did get quite a bundle, which made me very happy!

I usually get my books 3 different ways:
  1. Barnes & Nobles
  2. Book Mooch
  3. && Contests and Giveaways from generous bloggers (=

These are from Contests & Giveaways:

I received the L.J. Smith book pack from Melissa. I'm looking forward to starting these and hopefully discussing them with her (= And I think the covers are so cool!








This was won from the wonderful ladies over at Book Binge for a Valentine's Day contest!


After poor career choices, a failed marriage and three moves to three different states, first-time author Greene needed to establish sanity and stability for herself and her children. What she gets when she accepts a job offer she thinks will be just a nice resting place turns out to be a wonderful new life. Greene, now the grandmother of seven, recounts the transformation of her life and her 20-year marriage to Marsh, a man she met after her move when she was in her late 30s. Greene kept a running list of the funny and touching things Marsh did for her each day, and each year, on Valentine's Day, she would share the Sweet Things List with him. Weaving recollections from this list into her story, Greene opens up memorable times of their lives: the early period in their relationship, the years in China for Marsh's career, their time sailing the Pacific and searching for a new home, his illness and the surprising publication of this book. What could have been a saccharine story filled with clichés is instead a gentle and genuine reminder that the smallest things in life are the most precious. This is a heartfelt tribute to what really matters.

My lovely cat Binx wanted to help me show you all the books I got from Book Mooch.




Nothing from Barnes & Nobles this time but I have some waiting to be shipped in April (=
So until next time, Happy Reading!

6 comments:

Steph Su said...

WOW! You won the L. J. Smith pack. I'm so jealous. :)

Melissa O. said...

Looks like you got some good stuff even beyond what you won from me, lol. :-) I'd be happy to discuss the books anytime, they were great favorites of mine, as their worn covers and cracked spines would tell you. Happy Reading, to you too, looks like you'll be busy!!

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

I've been reading the Vampire Diaries books but never seen the covers lined up like that. They look really cool.

I'm running a contest for a copy of Wicked by Gregory Maguire, you should check it out if you haven't read it already.

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Thanks so much Bella.lee I'll definitely check it out (=

Tez Miller said...

Snuggles to Binx - so well-behaved! And tolerant of your taste in books. If the cat objected to them, those books would be pushed to the floor ;-)

Thanks for sharing Binx, and have a lovely day! :-)

Mishel said...

Yeah he's a real supporter as long as I give him his attention. If he's not getting enough he'll gladly climb in my lap on top of whatever book I'm reading until I give him love (=

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin