Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: The Unidentified Redhead

The Unidentified Redhead
Alice Clayton

Series or Stand Alone: Redhead series, book one

Release Date: February 2010

Publisher: Omnific Publishing

Pages: 276

Author Site: http://www.aliceclayton.com/

My Rating: 5/5

Source: Received for review from publisher

Synopsis:

When Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles to become a working actor, it's a second shot at a life-long dream. With some help from her best friend and agent, that dream could become a reality, but at thirty-three, has Grace missed her chance at the big time? Will an unexpected sizzling romance with the entertainment industry's newest 'it' boy shine an uncomfortable spotlight on her life?

Alice Clayton spins a playful and erotic May to December romance in this, her debut novel. Clayton's funny, borderline neurotic heroine is perfect in her imperfections, and the off the charts sexual chemistry between her and her charming, yet blissfully unaware leading man are the true heart of The Unidentified Redhead. With laugh out loud dialogue and a super steamy romance that will get your heart racing, sneaking around in L.A. and dodging the Paparazzi has never been so fun.


Review:

I’m kind of mad for not making the time to read this book sooner. I think I had it in my head that the book would be some so-so, contemporary chick lit read that wouldn’t really amaze me. So why not make it wait a few more days or weeks before I opened it? Call me dumb now because The Unidentified Redhead knocked me out. I I read the entire book at work because I simply couldn’t put it down, which was really hard to do. Granted, the book’s less than three hundred pages but when I finish any book in a day (given my schedule) I’m simply giddy with excitement.

Ten years ago, Grace Sheridan tried to become a star. After a few months of bad luck she gave up and went back home heavy-hearted. Now thirty-three year-old Grace has decided to give her acting dreams another shot. She returns to L.A. and moves in with her best friend and agent, Holly. While waiting for the right audtition to come by, Grace has a home business that's running pretty smoothly. It's safe to say that she can play the waiting game for her dreams to come true this time.

At one of Holly's many fabulous client get-together-parties, she introduces Grace to the new "it" boy of Hollywood. And by boy, I mean sexy twenty-four year-old British newcomer, Jack Hamilton. The indie-actor just knabbed the most sought-after role and has quickly become the talk to the town. Before Grace knows it, she's in a hot and steamy affair. Should she care about the nine year age difference or the cameras flashing every time they're out together? Grace doesn't start to worry until she starts to fall head-over-heels in love with the sweet, sexy, foul-mouthed, crazy Brit. Could things possibly work between the two?

I love Grace! I love Jack too! And Holly and Nick. I love the whole freaking cast of characters! Really, I do. Oh, and I love Alice Clayton too. I can’t tell you how many times I laughed out loud, giggled to myself, or just sat there with a big stupid grin on my face while reading the book. There seemed to be an unlimited amount of funny moments. And let’s not forget to mention the S-E-X! Orgasms and Laughs should be the title of this book. Okay, so that’s a horrible title but you get the idea…

No but seriously, The Unidentified Redhead is pure fun. Each character has a distinct personality that jumps out at you. It makes me wish I had friends like them. The dynamic between Grace and Holly is priceless. Maybe I love it so much because I don’t have a bestie anymore. Either way, I enjoyed the bickering and obvious friendship between the two.

Grace and Jack are definitely hot, hot, HOT together. I don’t think there’s a thing as too much sex in a book, especially if it’s really well-written. The thing that baffled me was that it took forever for them to actually do the “deed”. And no, I’m not spoiling anything for you if you haven’t read the book yet. Let’s just say that the two of them are very excellent at “oral” presentations. Lol

The Unidentified Redhead was like a TMZ or E! celebrity scandal written in a book. I’m not big on celebrity gossip but I really enjoy reading about fictional celebrities apparently. The book was very plausible and it was nice to read things from the celebrity’s point of view. All you see when gossip strikes is pictures and crazy headlines; I’m sure most of us don’t stop and think about what the truth really is when it’s easier to just rely on the media. I think any celebrity-gossip junkie will fall head-over-heels in love with this book! And even those like me, who could really care less, will still really enjoy the book.

Having already read book two, as I’m writing this review, I can tell you it just gets better! So I definitely recommend The Unidentified Redhead. It’s a quick, fun, sexy, and hilarious read!

P.S. (cover talk)

I wish the redhead model was more prominent in the cover. But I like the L.A.-like sign, the palm trees and the blue makes the cover pop. Overall, it’s okay. Definitely could use of Grace though!

4 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I keep hearing how awesome these books are, and yes I am listening :)
I am glad you are enjoying them

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed them! I'm excited about the third installment, hopefully it will be finished soon.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Love this series and want more!!! Great review!

Danah said...

I honestly haven't heard of this book or about this series, but it looks fun to read. Thanks for the review!

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin