Sunday, January 04, 2009

Day 29 - Movie Find

Have you ever accidentally came across a movie while channel surfing that you ended up loving? I just did (= And I felt the need to share.

What movie you ask?


What's all the hubub?

Well it was just so adorably great. I mean I laughed too many times to count. and I smiled a whole bunch. I'm not a huge fan of Keri Russell. But her loveable southern accent, her funny comments on life and her genius invention of pies made her just irresistible. The movie is about Jenna, a waitress at Joe's Pie Diner, who has a crazy jealous, controlling, real jerk of a husband. Now I came into the movie maybe 10 mins into it so I missed the very beginning. But basically she gets pregnant and has to figure out a way to get away from Earl (Jeremy Sisto), her crappy husband. She hides money away in hopes she can save enough money to run away. She even plans on entering and winning a pie baking contest with her amazing pies. I'm not a big pie fan, I know, I know, I'm weird (= But this movie made me wish I liked pie. Her inventive skills are crazy good. She comes up with such creative names like, "I Don't Want Earl's Baby Pie", "I Hate My Husband Pie", "Earl Murders Me Because I'm Having An Affair Pie", and many more.

With her two only friends Dawn (Adrienne Shelly) and Becky(Cheryl Hines), fellow waitresses, and Old Joe (Andy Griffith), the owner of the diner, Jenna ends up finding a new confindence about her life after writing a number of letters to her unborn baby. The lives of Dawn and Becky are just as unsatisfying as Jenna's and you get a taste of what they are going through in the movie as well. The two of them were wonderful sidekicks and extremely funny. And Old Joe with his rude, cranky, and cynical comments kept Jenna on her toes.

I don't want to give the whole movie away but she ends up having a very passionate affair with her quirky and oh-so-charming OB/GYN, Dr. Pomatter (Nathan Fillion). And I just gotta say he was just as loveable as Jenna. He made me laugh so hard. You really have to go watch it to see what happens to poor Jenna.

I just loved the movie and I have never heard of it before watching it. If anyone has seen it let me know what you thought of it. If you haven't, I hope you go rent it at least. (=

Watch the trailer and a clip!

1 comments:

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Yeah he was a total ass! I like him in other movies but I probably won't forget him being such a baby in this one haha.

And no I haven't heard of or seen Stage Beauty, I'll have to look it up and check it out (=

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin