Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 402 - Waiting on Wednesday [42]



from randomhouse.com:

Send in the clones! On second thought, maybe not.

CAN IT READ MY MIND?
WILL IT BE EVIL?
HOW DO I STOP IT?

Find out the answers to these and other burning questions in this funny, informative, and ingenious book from two bioengineering experts who show you how to survive—and thrive—in a new age of truly weird science.For decades, science fiction has been alerting us to the wonders and perils of our biotech future—from the prospects of gene therapy to the pitfalls of biological warfare. Now that future looms before us. Don’t panic! This book is all you need to prepare for the new world that awaits us, providing indispensable cautionary advice on topics such as

• bioenhancements: They’re not just for cyborgs anymore.
• DNA sequencing and fingerprinting: What’s scarier than the government having your DNA on file? Try having it posted on the Internet.
• human cloning: Just like you, only stronger, smarter, and more attractive. In other words: more dangerous.

Our future may be populated by designer babies, genetically enhanced supersoldiers, and one (or more!) of your genetic duplicates, but all is not lost. How to Defeat Your Own Clone is the ultimate survival guide to what lies ahead. Just remember the first rule of engagement: Don’t ever let your clone read this book!



----------

Reason: Tell me this doesn't sound hilarious! Not only is it a brilliant topic but the possibilities to really make this book succeed are numerous.

Cover Discussion: Eh, it's okay. The title drew me in more than the cover. I say they could have done a better job with it.




How to Defeat Your Own Clone will be released February 23rd!


What are you waiting on this week?
To see more books that are being waited for click
here.

2 comments:

NerdyMe said...

I came here from Jill’s waiting on Wednesday post, it’s interesting to see how everybody has an upcoming new release that they want to read, and every body is so different. I don’t have any now and I won’t have any in 2010 because I have bought too many books in the past and I haven’t caught up with my reading. I started my blog because I wanted to start documenting all the books that I bought and they are sitting in my house suffocating me…. I am slowly documenting them in the wish list section of my blog, so I can look at it and be reminded everyday that I have all these books lying in my shelf, underneath my bed, in my closet, on my dining table and kitchen counter that I had not even opened….I think I must have obsessive book buying behavior…

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I can't help myself when I walk into a bookstore, I have this urge to gather as many books as possible!! =)

My WoW choices won't necessarily be bought anytime soon. I'm actually working on getting my own TBR pile down, I think it's somewhere up in the 80s-ish numbers =/

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin