Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 254 - Challenge Complete


So I haven't been doing a good job with my reading challenges this year. I think since this is my first year I'll cut myself some slack =)
So I've completed J. Kaye's 1st in a Series Challenge for 2009. I have the reviews linked to each book title, so please feel free to see what I thought. These aren't in the order I read them or anything, like I said I was entirely disorganized coming into these reading challenges. Next year will be better, I promise!

  1. Marked :: P.C. & Kristin Cast
  2. Bad Blood :: L.A. Banks
  3. Dark Nights, Dark Dreams :: Savannah Russe
  4. 1st to Die :: James Patterson
  5. Strange Angels :: Lili St. Crow
  6. The Duke and I :: Julia Quinn
  7. Eragon :: Christopher Paolini
  8. The Awakening :: L.J. Smith
  9. Ariel's Journey :: Doug Kane and Christy Wood
  10. Wake :: Lisa McMann
  11. Wings :: Aprilynne Pike
  12. Close Encounters :: Katherine Allred




It's hard for me to pick favorites. But in this list I think my favorites would have been The Duke and I and Wake. The Duke and I is my first historical romance so I don't have much to compare it to, but I do know I had tons of fun reading it. And I was just totally surprised at how much I enjoyed Wake. I read great reviews about it but I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. =)

6 comments:

J. Kaye said...

OMG! You rock! WAKE was really good. Wait until you read book II. I didn't think it could get better, but it was.

Congratulations on finishing this one!

Mishel said...

I'm so glad to hear it's better! I didn't think it could get better =) I can't wait to pick Fade up!!

And thanks so much <3

Cindy said...

Hey! I decided to make it a sign up thing. Not sure how many people will want to do it, but oh well. Its always there if anyone does!

Faye said...

Yeah WAKE was AWESOME!
Congrats on the challenge. I signed up 4 alot.I only completed one lol

Teddyree said...

Congrats on completing another challenge, well done. I loved doing 1st in a series, hope J.Kaye does that one again next year LOL

Lenore said...

Yay! Now that I think about it, I could've completed this challenge too!

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin