Thursday, March 03, 2011

Review: The Butt Book

The Butt Book
Artie Bennett

Series or Stand Alone: Stand Alone

Release Date: December 2009

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

Pages: 32

Author Site: http://www.artiebennett.com/

My Rating: 4/5

Source: Received for review from author

Synopsis:

'The Butt Book:' The 'end' is what it's all about
The other day, you were watching TV and you got up for a minute to get something. When you came back, your brother had taken your seat and it's not like it had your name on it or anything, but still. He wouldn't get up, so you had to plant yourself somewhere else to watch TV and grumble.
Man, that makes you so mad!
Did you ever notice that, no matter where you sit, you're sitting on the same seat? You can thank your butt for that and more, as you'll see in "The Butt Book" by Artie Bennett, illustrated by Mike Lester.

Review:

Although I have a three-year-old neice and (almost) eight-month-old daughter, I haven't really read many children's books, other than really short, few-worded picture books. That's definitely going to chance sometime in the future. But for now, I don't have many children's illustrated books under my reading belt. Even so, I think The Butt Book was fun, cute, and full of great illustrations.

The Butt Book is about...yep, you guessed it...butts! The short rhymes about how great our butt is and how we should acknowledge said greatness is pretty hilarious. I think my favorite line was: "Butts have cheeks just like our faces, though they're found in different places." It made me smile along with the multitude of other great lines.

I enjoyed the illustrations. They were rough and child-friendly and definitely went well with the words. Bennett did a great job of making something funny into a book that I'm sure kids will want to re-read over and over again. I think once a child (of the right age) reads The Butt Book they will spread the word to all their friends. Butt is a naughty word to children and I think The Butt Book will bring a lot of laughter and smiles to every reader.

I'm glad I got a chance to review The Butt Book. I can't wait to start really getting into children's books for my neice and my daughter. A big thank you to the author for sending me a copy and inscribing it for my girls =) Although my neice isn't quite ready for all the "butts" in the book, she was still pointing and giggling while I read it to her. I definitely think it's a book we will revisit a lot.

P.S. (cover talk)

It's cute. Like I said earlier, the illustrations are very kid-friendly and I think it goes very well with the book.


1 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, fun book :) Children's books are so cute

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin