Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday [85] - Sweet Venom


from goodreads.com:

Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster.

Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though.

Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they're triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters.

These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful gorgon maligned by myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.



Reason: I love all things related to greek mythology...even if it sounds a bit sketchy I'll give it a try. I'm not loving the sound of the synopsis but I still want to give it a go. Plus anything about Medusa is a winner in my book...

Cover Discussion: A little on the plain jane side for my tastes.

Expected Release Date: September 6th

 

2 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i want to read this b/c of the mythology too.

Heather R. Holden said...

I adore books that adapt Greek myths in some way, so that alone makes me want to check out this book! I'll wait until I read Childs' OH. MY. GODS., though, which is already in my TBR pile, to see if I like her writing enough to read this, too!

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin