Friday, May 21, 2010

Three to Get Deadly

Three to Get Deadly
Janet Evanovich

Series or Stand Alone: Stephanie Plum series, book three

Release Date: July 1998 (Mass Market)


Pages: 344


My Rating: 3.5/5

Source: Paperbackswap.com

Synopsis
[from goodreads.com]:

As readers of Janet Evanovich's two previous books about funny, feisty, family-tied bounty hunter Stephanie Plum already know, she operates in "the burg"--a "comfy residential chunk of Trenton, New Jersey, where houses and minds are proud to be narrow and hearts are generously wide open." On this turf, Plum fights for justice and fashion points--this time in pursuit of a beloved neighborhood candystore owner who seems to be moonlighting as an anti-drug vigilante. Evanovich now lives in New Hampshire, but authentic affection for Trenton energizes her prose. Plums in paperback include One for the Money and Two for the Dough.

Review:

I must admit while this series isn’t blowing me away I find myself drawn to Ms. Stephanie Plum. She’s such a quirky and fun character that is sure to make any reader laugh. In THREE TO GET DEADLY one of Trenton’s most lovable people is on Stephanie’s list of missing bad guys to hunt down. Mo Bedemier is known by everyone as Uncle Mo, the popular candy/ice cream store owner that’s been around since forever. It doesn’t matter that he was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon because half the city does that anyway. Stephanie quickly becomes one of the city’s most unpopular people.

While on the search for Uncle Mo, Stephanie notices that a lot of the drug dealers around town have disappeared. They are either in hiding or wind up dead and Stephanie seems to find herself next to their bodies. It seems Uncle Mo isn’t as innocent as everyone once thought and Stephanie is on the case along with the returning cast of characters.

Lulu is one of the funniest characters in the book. Once a prostitute, she’s turned herself around and joined the Plum bounty hunter team bringing her loud mouth right along with her! Ranger is more involved with this installment which I liked. He’s so mysterious and sexy-sounding and I need to know more about him!

Stephanie’s family remains to be one of the best fictitious families in my opinion. Grandma Mazur is such a crazy old woman and she pretty much always brings a smile to my face when she’s in a scene. Her mom is still pushing her to find a better and safer job but remains fiercely loving towards Stephanie. Sometimes I pity Stephanie’s poor father with all those crazy girls in the house =) And I know these books are funny/mystery/crime books but I so desperately want Joe and Stephanie together. Would it kill anyone to have a little more romance in the book?? Quite frankly I’m tired of the teases!

I’ll still be continuing on with FOUR TO SCORE up next. And I must admit I just love how Janet Evanovich titles her books. Definitely a lot of fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and discussions are more than welcome! Thanks so much for visiting. 8)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin